Friday, August 29, 2014

Aamir Khan on Mardaani: Children should not see this film as it has violence

Aamir Khan on Mardaani: Children should not see this film as it has violence

Bollywood's perfectionist Aamir Khan, who has been praising good friend Rani Mukerji's performance in her latest release 'Mardaani' is of the opinion that the film has too much violence and children should not watch it.

READ: 
Aamir Khan praises Rani Mukerji's 'Mardaani' act

"There are some words in the film that I would not want my children or any children to see. I feel that very small children should not to be exposed to this kind of violence. I don't want an eight-year-old child to see that. That's what I think. I know Rani may have a different opinion on this and I respect Rani highly she's a very dear friend. I've praised her performance in the film but I believe that the film has certain kind of violence that kids should not watch." said Aamir when asked about his views on Rani's attempts to re-certify the film.

The actor feels that we have become too insensitive towards our children as we show them almost anything. "Sometimes absurd things are shown in U and U/A (certified) films. I think it is very important and we should be careful with the kind of violence we are exposing our children to. I am a creative person but I feel I also have a certain responsibility towards what I am showing to my children. I have to fulfill my responsibility," said Aamir.

No comments:

Post a Comment